As summer approaches and the weather heats up, getting the pool opened and ready is on everyone’s list. Making sure your pool, spa and hot tub are clean, clear and the water is balanced is an important part in making sure you enjoy your time in the water. Pool Check by Carpet Tech offers a full range of repair and maintenance services for just about anything that will hold water.
Why Pool Tech?
- Pools: We service both salt water and fresh water pools. We will open and close your pool each season and maintain it regularly – you don’t have to do anything besides sit back and enjoy a nice swim!
- Spas/Hot Tubs: Pool Check by Carpet Tech offers maintenance for spas and hot tubs year round! We will clean, repair and maintain the water chemistry in your hot tub with our spa maintenance package.
- Fountains/Water Features: From majestic fountains to small ponds, Pool Check by Carpet Tech will make sure the water feature at your home or business is clean and operating smoothly.
Before & After
Getting a pool started is the hardest part. Once that’s done, the maintenance is easy with Pool Check by Carpet Tech’s maintenance plan. Opening a pool is usually a three day process.
- Day 1 – Pool Check will refill the pool and test the water. At this time, we correct the PH balance and shock the water if it is green.
- Day 2 – On the second day, we come in and scrub the pool walls and power vac algae and leaves out of the pool. After the water and pool are clean, we test the alkalinity and correct the balance. After the water has had a chance to circulate, we retest and if the balance is correct, we add chlorine and stabilizer.
- Day 3 – After the water has had a chance to circulate overnight, we retest the PH, alkalinity and chlorine levels, and add cya and algae control to the water.
It’s important that you do not swim for at least four hours after chemicals have been added to the pool. Your Pool Check technician will let you know when the water is safe for swimming.
At the end of the summer, we will come out and complete our closing checklist, which consists of:
- Cleaning water – we conduct a final cleaning of the water in your pool
- Checking chemicals – The right balance of chemicals is required to keep the pool in good condition off season so opening your pool is easier the next summer.
- Balancing the water – If needed, we will apply the correct chemicals to balance the water in your pool.
- Lower the water level – Water levels need to be lowered to below the mouth of the skimmer which can be easily damaged if water freezes in the skimmer when temperatures drop.
- Cover the pool
- Check all pressure valves – As water freezes it will expand. By checking all the pressure valves and gauges we make sure that all parts of the pool are protected from ice and snow for the winter by clearing all water from any area that can be easily damaged by ice.
Once we’ve completed our closing checklist, your pool should be good to go for the winter. We will schedule a time to come back and open your pool for the next season.
Lubbock Pool Services
The amount of maintenance your pool needs depends on the size, type and frequency of use. Pool Check by Carpet Tech can come out and clean your pool weekly, twice a week or three times a week, depending on what you prefer. Our Pool Check technician can give you a recommended pool cleaning schedule that fits your needs and budget. When Pool Check cleans your pool, we can do the following:
- Clean on your time frame based on your budget and your pool’s needs
- We can provide the necessary pool treatment chemicals or use what you have
- Pool Check can shock, acid wash or remove calcium deposits that have built up
If a pool has or is turning green, there is an imbalance in chemicals which will allow algae growth, giving the water the green appearance. Pool Check will test the chemicals in the water and correct any chemical imbalances. We will then apply an algaecide to keep algae growth at bay.
If the chemical imbalance is left untreated for a long period of time, it may be necessary to scrub and power vac the pool to remove all of the algae.
Pool Check by Carpet Tech can also repair damages to your residential or commercial pool and pool liner. If you are having a problem with your pool, we can send a technician out to take a look and let you know whether or not we can fix the problem and what it will cost before we start repairs. Our technician will need to look at the pool to assess the damage, and estimates and inspections are always free, so if you have a pool in need of repair, give us a call!
Sand filters are some of the easiest types of filters to maintain. Although little to no maintenance is required for sand filters, the sand may need to be changed from time to time. If you have a sand filter, we offer sand changes so that you don’t have to worry about it! We will check your filter, no matter the type, each time we clean your pool to ensure that it is functioning properly.
While smaller and easier to maintain than pools, spas and hot tubs need regular upkeep and cleaning to run smoothly and efficiently. Our spa and hot tub cleaning service usually takes about an hour and can be done weekly, monthly or yearly depending on the size and use.
From small fountains to large, water features, Pool Check by Carpet Tech can handle them all. We can clean and service your home or business’s fountain or water feature and keep it running smoothly and looking beautiful.